The Classic™ is shown here in "Cremona Brown".
- Top plate of finest grade quartersawn spruce, hand carved and tap tuned
- Choice of parallel or X-bracing
- Back plate of highly figured maple, hand carved and tap tuned
- Sides of highly figured maple
- Neck of highly figured maple
- Angle cut and tapered peghead*
- Hand sawn pearl shell Apitius Vine on headstock
- Peghead veneer of dyed pearwood over 4 plys of alternating maple veneers on face with single ply of dyed pearwood on back
- Fingerboard of genuine ebony with a standard conical (compound) radius of 7 1/4” (184mm) - 12" (305mm)
- Mother-of--pearl position markers with tortoise colored side dots
- "Top bound" throughout (black/white binding lines on top, back and peghead face)
- Dovetailed point protectors
- Schaller™ GrandTune® tuning machines with 18:1 gearing
- Customised James™ Tailpiece
- Width at nut: 29mm (1 5/32”)
- Scale length: 355mm (14")
- Adjustable truss rod (double rod design does not add compression force to the neck)
- Hand applied stain and shading in choice of "Cremona Brown" or "Black Cherry"
- Spirit varnish finish applied by hand in the traditional French polish method
- Hot hide glue construction throughout
- Custom fitted Hoffee™ carbon fiber case with Apitius Mandolin Co. logo included
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
* Angle-cut and tapered peghead with black dyed pearwood veneer front and back.
Hand applied (not sprayed) sunburst makes each instrument truly unique and gives it an authentic vintage vibe.
Schaller® GrandTune™ Tuning Machines
"Apitius Vine" Inlay
Click to enlarge the above images.
Includes Custom fitted Hoffee™ carbon fiber case with "Apitius Mandolin Co." logo