The Classic is shown here in "Cremona Brown".
- Top plate of finest grade quartersawn spruce, hand carved and tap tuned
- Choice of parallel or X-bracing
- Back plate of highly figured maple, hand carved and tap tuned
- Sides of highly figured maple
- Neck of highly figured maple
- Angle cut and tapered peghead*
- Hand sawn pearl shell Apitius Vine or Fern inlay on headstock
- Peghead veneer of dyed pearwood over 4 plys of alternating maple veneers on face with single ply of dyed pearwood on back
- Fingerboard of genuine ebony with a standard conical (compound) radius of 7 ½” (190mm) - 10" (254mm)
- Mother-of--pearl position markers with tortoise colored side dots
- "Top bound" throughout (black/white binding lines on top, back and peghead face)
- Dovetailed point protectors
- Schaller™ GrandTune® tuning machines with 18:1 gearing
- James™ Tailpiece
- Width at nut: 29mm (1 5/32”)
- Scale length: 355mm (14")
- Adjustable truss rod (double rod design does not add compression force to the neck)
- Hand applied stain and shading in choice of "Cremona Brown" or "Black Cherry"
- Spirit varnish finish applied by hand in the traditional French polish method
- Hot hide glue construction throughout
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
* Angle-cut and tapered peghead with black dyed pearwood veneer front and back.
Hand applied (not sprayed) sunburst makes each instrument truly unique and gives it an authentic vintage vibe.
"Apitius Vine" Inlay
Click to enlarge the above images.