**The Studio A is shown here with Black Cherry finish, optional scalloped fingerboard, optional side binding and "Golden Age™" hardwear.
- Top plate of finest grade quartersawn spruce, hand carved and tap tuned
- Back plate of highly figured maple, hand carved and tap tuned
- Sides of highly figured maple
- Neck of highly figured maple
- Angle cut and tapered peghead*
- Hand sawn Apitius pearl shell flowerpot inlay on headstock
- Peghead veneer of dyed pearwood over 4 plys of alternating maple veneers on face with single ply of dyed pearwood on back
- Fingerboard of genuine ebony with a standard conical (compound) radius of 7 1/4” (184mm) - 12" (305mm)
- Pau abalone position markers
- Choice of "top" or "side binding". (The location of the black/white binding lines. "Side bound" option shown in photo)
- Schaller™ GrandTune® tuning machines with 18:1 gearing
- Customised James™ tailpiece
- Width at nut: 29mm (1 5/32”)
- Scale length: 355mm (14")
- Adjustable truss rod (double rod design does not add compression force to the neck)
- Hand applied stain and shading in choice of "Cremona Brown" or "Black Cherry"**
- Spirit varnish finish applied by hand in the traditional French polish method
- Hot hide glue construction throughout.
- TKL® shaped hardshell, arched-top case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
* Angle-cut and tapered peghead with black dyed pearwood veneer front and back. (shown with "Golden Age™" hardwear)
Hand applied (not sprayed) sunburst makes each instrument truly unique and gives it an authentic vintage vibe.
Click to enlarge the above images.
Some people hold that an A-model mandolin does not sound the same as an F-model. I can tell you that in the case of Apitius mandolins, there is absolutely no discernable difference in sound between my A-models and my F-models. I have designed my A-models around my F-style pattern rather than an A-4. In addition, the body size and shape has been carefully tweaked to have the same air-chamber volume and therefore the same fundamental, or "Helmholtz" frequency as my F-models.
If you do not need or want the F-model shape, then my A-model will give you the same Apitius sound and playability as my Fs. As with all Apitius mandolins, customising to your particular needs and taste is always welcome. Below is an example of a custom ordered A-Model mandolin. (click on the image to enlarge)
© 2016 Apitius Mandolins
All Rights Reserved