The Grand Classic is shown here in "Black Cherry".
- Top plate of finest grade quartersawn spruce, hand carved and tap tuned
- Choice of parallel or X-bracing
- Back plate of highly figured maple, hand carved and tap tuned
- Sides of highly figured maple
- Neck of highly figured maple
- Angle cut and tapered peghead*
- Hand sawn pearl shell Apitius Vine or Fern inlay on headstock
- Peghead veneer of dyed pearwood over 4 plys of alternating maple veneers on face with single ply of dyed pearwood on back
- Fingerboard of genuine ebony with a standard conical (compound) radius of 7 1/4” (184mm) - 12" (305mm)
- Paua abalone position markers with tortoise colored side dots
- Black/white binding lines on top, back and side surfaces including peghead face and sides
- Black/white binding lines around point protectors
- Schaller™ GrandTune® tuning machines with 18:1 gearing
- Customised James™ Tailpiece
- Width at nut: 29mm (1 5/32”)
- Scale length: 355mm (14")
- Adjustable truss rod (double rod design does not add compression force to the neck)
- Hand applied stain and shading in choice of "Cremona Brown" or "Black Cherry"
- Spirit varnish finish applied by hand in the traditional French polish method
- Hot hide glue construction throughout
- TKL® hard shell, arched-top case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Triple bound throughout. French polished spirit varnish finish.
Angle cut and tapered peghead with triple ply binding on face and sides. Tortoise colored side dots. Hand applied stains for an authentic vintage vibe.
"Apitius Vine" Inlay
Your Choice of Peghead Inlays
Click to enlarge the above images.