The Grand Classic™ is shown here in "Black Cherry" with optional gold hardware and pickguard.
- Top plate of finest grade quarters-awn spruce, hand carved and tap tuned
- Back plate of highly figured maple, hand carved and tap tuned
- Sides of highly figured maple
- Neck of highly figured maple
- Angle cut and tapered peg head*
- Hand sawn pearl shell Apitius Vine on headstock
- Gold plated hardware (or no-charge nickel option)
- Peg head veneer of dyed pearwood over 4 plys of alternating maple veneers on face with single ply of dyed pearwood on back
- Fingerboard of genuine ebony with a standard conical (compound) radius of 7 1/4” (184mm) - 12" (305mm)
- Paua abalone position markers with tortoise colored side dots
- Black/white binding lines on top, back and side surfaces including peghead face and sides
- Black/white binding lines around point protectors
- Schaller™ GrandTune® tuning machines with 18:1 gearing
- Customized, gold plated James™ tailpiece
- Width at nut: 29mm (1 1/8”)
- Scale length: 355mm (13 15/16")
- Adjustable truss rod (double rod design does not add compression force to the neck)
- Hand applied stain and shading in choice of "Cremona Brown" or "Black Cherry"
- Spirit varnish finish applied by hand in the traditional French polish method
- Hot hide glue construction throughout
- Custom fitted Hoffee™ carbon fiber case with Apitius Mandolin Co. logo included
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Triple bound throughout. French polished spirit varnish finish.
Angle cut and tapered peghead with triple ply binding on face and sides. Tortoise colored side dots. Hand applied stains for an authentic vintage vibe.
Optional Full-size Pickguard (available in tortoise color, ebony and abreviated size)
Schaller GrandTune™ tuners for unmatched performance.
Gold Plated James® Tailpiece
"Apitius Vine" Inlay
Your Choice of Peghead Inlays
Click to enlarge the above images.
Includes Custom fitted Hoffee™ carbon fiber case with "Apitius Mandolin Co." logo